The Application Process
To apply, please download and complete the fillable PDF application form using the link below:
Please review the following carefully before submitting your Grant Application.
- Applications that are incomplete and/or not received by the deadline will not be processed.
- The event for which funding is sought should take place no later than sixteen months after the Grant submission deadline.
- Organizations are encouraged to apply for funding well in advance of the date of your event.
- Applicants will receive notification of funding decisions within eight weeks of the submission deadline.
- Please note the Isabel requires a minimum of 5 working days to produce quotes for Ballytobin grant applications.
- Applying organizations must be located in the geographic area defined as “The City of Kingston” AND have a City of Kingston address.
- Organizations applying must be ‘not-for-profits’, registered charities, or collectives with a history of successful events.
- Individual artists are NOT eligible for funding.
- If the event includes an artist of professional stature from outside of Kingston, they are expected to provide artistic development with Kingston arts and culture community organizations.
- Any costs relating to performance or events taking place at the Isabel are eligible for subsidy from our funding.
- Applications must encourage a significant local audience component.
- Queen’s University groups, including student organizations, can only apply to The Ballytobin Foundation if the applicant demonstrates a history of collaboration with Kingston arts or culture groups; the proposed event should result in a significant amount of community outreach beyond the university environment.
- Collaborations amongst community groups.
- Artists based in Kingston.
- Events that culminate in a performance or display at the Isabel.
- Funding for successful grants goes directly to ‘The Isabel’, not to the recipient organization; payments are non-refundable.
- Funded organizations will be required to acknowledge The Ballytobin Foundation by including its logo in all printed program and advertising material.
The Ballytobin Foundation looks forward to working in partnership with the community of Kingston, celebrating inspiring work by local artists in a unique cultural venue.
For information about the spaces available for rent at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, rental rates, and contact information for booking dates and obtaining an estimate, at please click here.
- Contact the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts to make a tentative booking for the event/project
- Request an estimate from the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts for the event/project which must be included with the application
- Arrange for supporting documentation from collaborating groups as appropriate
- Complete and submit the application
- All applicants are informed of The Ballytobin Foundation’s decision within 8 weeks of the deadline at which time the foundation also informs the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing of successful grants and amounts funded.
The Ballytobin Foundation Logo – please use the appropriate size and color logo for your media. The logo should not be blurred or distorted in any manner. If you require a size not available below, please contact us.
Note: to download one of the images below, right click it and select “Save image as”.